Saturday, July 11, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance (performance show #5)

Wow!! If you ask me, I think this week was just as good, if not better, than week one. I loved so many of the dances but hands down, without a doubt the best dance of the night was the contemporary dance with
Kupono and Kayla

I don't even know where to begin with this dance. I was so moved by every single thing about it. First of all the way they looked was incredible. Kupono was amazing. The smirk he had on his face was frightening and his costume was perfect. Kayla was unreal. I loved the fact that she had zero makeup on and her hair was an oily mess.

From the very start of the dance I had chills. Kupono just standing there, beautiful, with his out stretched arm waiting...waiting...with that look, just knowing she was going to come. And when she came to him he slowly wrapped his comforting arm around her and she sank into it. From that point on he had complete control of her every move. When she fell he caught her, every time. When she tried to get away she was slow and shaky and he was seductive and strong...unmoving. Even at the very end of the dance when she was finally set free he was right behind her only inches away.

I have never had an addiction but this dance made it seem so real. I could feel her pain. I cried of course. But it was so powerful. I had to watch it a dozen times. I think it is one of the best dances EVER.

p.s. I am sad that Philip left but at least he will go on tour with them.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

so, i don't usually watch this show, but for some reason we watched it the other night... i'm sorry i've missed it thus far! but i had to say that i LOVED that dance too... the guy was AMAZING! i may have to start watching! :o)

Auntie Romi said...

I feel exactly the same way. Can't wait for the concert!

J and H Hunsaker said...

I cried like a baby!!! I wanna go with u to see them live!!!!!