Saturday, August 8, 2009

Road Trip - Day 7

August 8, 2009
Depart Encinitas, California
9:45 AM


We were so sad to say goodbye to our family. We had so much fun. Thank you Rocky, Austin, Riley, and Jory. We loved every second of our time with you.


On the road...like it or not.
I didn't notice my bunny ears until just now. Thank you Coby.


The terrain was amazing.

The boys quickly fell asleep. It was peaceful for about an hour.

As we were driving we came upon the border patrol. We had no idea we were that close to Mexico.


As you can see from our GPS, Betty, we were super close.

I was a little worried, at first, when they took a second glance at Chance. But they let us through.

There was nothing around for miles and miles.


We finally made it to Arizona at 2:30 PM



I had never seen "no service" on my phone before. It was a little frightening. I would not want our car to breakdown in the middle of the desert.


We were on our way to my brother-in-law Ted's house.

We arrived in Chandler, Arizona at 4:05 PM.

No comments: