Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Alopecia Areata

So, I was enjoying a wonderful dinner with my sister, Romi, and Teri. We were having such a great time catching up with each others lives. I hadn't seen Teri in...well, forever, so it was so nice to be able to sit and chat. Until, I felt something odd on the back of my head. I felt a very smooth patch of skin near the bottom of my head just above my collar. I freaked out and made Romi take a look at it. She said, "yep, you have a bald spot on the back of your head".
WHAT!?!?
I started to panic and made her take a picture of it so I could see... and here it is. Isn't that lovely? Are you kidding me?

I went to the doctor the very next day and he said I had alopecia areata.

FANTASTIC!

He informed me that I would NOT go bald...

thank goodness...

but that I may, and will most likely, get more bald spots.

SWELL!!

I am supposed to keep my stress levels way down. The more stressed I am the more bald spots I'll get.

Funny.

They are going to run some blood tests to make sure I don't have an autoimmune disorder.

This is a joke...right?

No comments: