Wednesday, August 19, 2009

14 Years

John and I celebrated our anniversary on August 19th. It is crazy to think we have been married for that long. I remember the first time I saw him in sacrament meeting. I thought he was so handsome. I knew for sure he was a football player because he had such broad shoulders (I was wrong). He was in the army and he was leaving for Cuba in 10 days.
***
*4 days after we met* I knew I had to act fast. Guys that gorgeous do not last long in the singles ward. I had an inside source because my dad was the bishop at the time...lucky me. To make a long story short my dad invited him to our house that very night and I saw him every day (but one) until he left for Cuba.
***
*John in Cuba*We wrote almost daily while he was there and he called... yes, from Cuba on a pay phone that sometimes took hours to get through, every few days.

I knew from the moment I saw him I wanted to marry him. I know that sounds cliche but it's the truth. Just ask my sister. I told her, as he was bearing his testimony, that I was going to marry him. I am so glad I was right.
I was with John for 10 days before he left for Cuba.
He left in January, returned home in May
***
*May 1995 (yes I had braces)*and we got married in August.It is incredible to think that after so many years I still get butterflies in my stomach when I see him.For our very first anniversary John got me a ring and I got him a watch.
This year I got him a watch and...

he got me a ring.
Isn't it beautiful. It is white gold with diamonds and a sapphire. I love it!
John doesn't usually read our blog but if he happens to, I want him to know how happy I am to call him my husband.
John you are my everything and I love you, forever, with all of my heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet- I love the part about butterflies- I love it!!! You guys are darling...