Monday, September 15, 2008

Yellow Day!!

Today was yellow day at pre-kindergarten.

Gunnar insisted I take a picture of him and his "baby".
His baby is part (green) giraffe, part leopard, part butterfly.
My mom got it for one of the boys year's ago and now for some reason he can't do anything without it...weird. Look how strange this thing is.
He loves it. I just figured out how to scan something onto my computer...kinda. I tried to scan a 5x7 picture and it didn't work out. I will keep trying. Here is Gunnar's schoolwork from today (some of it).

Let me explain his L's. Gunnar goes to a pre-school in Federal Way but he lives in the Tacoma school district. F.W. school districts use danilian(I am sure I am spelling this totally wrong but I don't want to get up right now and look in a dictionary...sorry Romi) printing and Tacoma uses manuscript printing...I think that is what it is called. Danilian has the little monkey tails you see on the lowercase L. So, when Gunnar is doing his printing we try to have him do manuscript so it won't be a hard transition into kindergarten. Sorry about that Romi.

3 comments:

amie979 said...

that IS a weird thing...but totally boyish!!

Anonymous said...

Olivia had yellow day also!!

Juli and Brett said...

I think it is cute that your boys want you to blog about everything even if it is Yellow Day at school. Fun. Gunnar looks great and he did great on those worksheets! I am a teacher, I notice things like this! =)