Monday, September 22, 2008

OUCH!!

Thursday I get a call from Chance's baseball coach. He says " hey Jaime, you might want to come pick up Chance from baseball practice. He got hit in the face with a ball."
I knew the call would come someday.
(I was a worried because he has some high school kids on his team and I didn't know if someone threw the ball or hit the ball.)
He told me he was doing o.k. but they didn't think he should continue practice. When I got there I found him standing up and doing fine but holding a bag/glove of ice on his eye. Good thing, because as soon as he took it off to show me, it immediately started swelling again. Coach Jeff informed me that Chance was playing third base. The other coach, Coach Trevor, was pitching the ball and Chance was talking to coach Jeff. Chance was getting instruction from coach Jeff while coach Trevor decided to throw the ball. Everyone yelled..."Chance" so he looked over and smack...right in the face. Chance said it hit the brim of his hat first, luckily, and then hit his eyebrow. The coach said he collapsed onto the ground like a rag doll but then got right back up and wanted to play. He said it was swollen an inch out from his eye immediately. He didn't cry or anything. Tough guy. You can see the difference between his eyebrows. And his eye is also smaller on the one side from the swelling.The next day.

Poor kid. He's doing fine though.

No comments: