Monday, September 8, 2008

Gunnar starts pre-kindergarten

Gunnar had his first day of pre-kindergarten today. (If I call it pre-school I get in big trouble.) He was so excited. He has been waiting patiently all summer long. I, on the other hand am a little sad that this is my last childs last year of pre-school...oops sorry Gunnar, pre-kindergarten. Where does the time go?
How is it possible that my little, tiny baby boy is already 5 years old? He is no longer a toddler, he's a "big boy". His little chubby cheeks are going away and being replaced with the face of big kid.
I remember wanting Gunnar so bad. I knew that there was one more baby up in heaven wanting and waiting to join our family. Boy was I right. I can't even imagine our lives without him. There is nothing better than my little Gunn-man. He is such an awesome boy. Words can't even describe the feelings I have for him. There is just something so special about Gunnar. Not only is he drop dead gorgeous but he is so sweet and soooo smart. He also has an amazing memory. He is the first one to remind us to say our prayers. He makes me laugh every single day. He has a huge heart and he is so nice. He has a great vocabulary and says things on a daily basis that surprise me. I often wonder where he comes up with things. He will be in the car or in his room making up songs. He is really good at it, too. His songs are wonderful and they always make sense and sometimes even rhyme. I think he could have a career as a song writer. Maybe even a singer. He has a great voice and he is always in tune.
Gunnar loves Spongebob Spuarepants,
Pirates of the Caribbean,Scooby Doo,
Indiana Jones,and Harry Potter.
He knows the words to Napoleon Dynamite,Master of Disguise,
and Nacho Libre. (word for word)

This year...
Last year...
Look how they have grown.
This yearGunn and Luke
They swapped haircuts.
Last year

Miss Romi
Last year
Carson, Tanner, Lucas, and Gunnar
As you can guess the first day of school is "red day". Wednesday will be "orange day" and so on until we get through the "main" colors. This is Romi and the kids in the playroom before class started.

Thank you, Miss Romi, for being Gunnar's teacher. Thank you for making learning fun. You are the best teacher in the world and we love you so much.

4 comments:

amie979 said...

Oh my gosh Gunnar is so flippin cute!! I love the hair;)

Romi said...

It is my pleasure to teach your gorgeous boys. They are so smart and so much fun. You are an amazing mom and they are lucky to have you...so am I!

Deon said...

Too sweet! I love the way you have tributed each of your boys!! WE LOVE GUNNAR!!!

Jennifer said...

Master of Disguise is SOOOO funny!!! Now that's a movie I can agree with Gunnar on. No more Nacho Libre or Scooby Doo. Let's watch the turtle man!!!