Thursday, December 11, 2008

A Special Christmas Letter

I love the Christmas season for so many reasons. One of the reasons it is so special is because of the Christmas cards and letters we get from friends and family. This year John's parents added a beautiful photo to their annual Christmas letter.
This photo was taken in December of 1966. They were engaged to be married. They were both 19 years old. I love this photo. You can see by their smiles how happy they are.
I want to thank them for being such a good example to me and my family. Even all these years later they look the exact same way around each other. You can feel how much they truly love each other just by being in the same room with them. They have stuck together through everything, good and bad, and never stopped loving each other.
What a great example of marriage and true love.

4 comments:

Auntie Romi said...

OH MY GOODNESS, they are gorgeous!!!!!

Jennifer said...

That is so sweet. And they are magazine gorgeous!!!

Tylertopia said...

What a very special treasure that it is!! And ditto...what a gorgeous couple too. :o)

Deon said...

That is super cool!!! I love seeing old photos like that!