Wednesday, December 24, 2008

COOKIES!!

First up...sugar cookies, the boys favorite.
This year was a little sad. Every Christmas we go to Romi's house for a huge cookie party. We get there early in the morning and bake cookies alllllll day long. Because of the weather, we weren't able to get together. We still had a great time but it just wasn't the same without our cousins.
We missed you Sophie, Malachi, and Isaiah!!

They did such a great job.In years past the boys decorate a few cookies and then I take over and finish the rest. This year, however, they were so good and creative that they decorated every single one. They look amazing.

GORGEOUS!!Next up...peanut butter cookies with a kiss.Delicious!

My personal faves...Holiday Wreaths.
They are just like a rice krispy treat but with corn flakes and food coloring.
YUMMY!!
If you have never had a Chocolate Krinkle let me know and I will send you the recipe. They are so good.
Chocolate Krinkles...to die for.I wanted to do one more cookie so I made plain old chocolate chip cookies. I thought I would be creative and before adding the chocolate chips I made a few plain. They came out very flat but I put in a candy cane kiss anyway. They look festive but I have no idea how they taste. I am a little afraid.



All in all we had a very successful cookie baking day. We missed our auntie and cousins but we will bring our cookies to share on Christmas Eve.

We delivered some cookies to our neighbors. Usually we deliver a bunch of plates to friends and family but this year we just went to those we could walk to.

We have an elderly couple that live in the cul-de-sac. They are both deaf so we don't get to visit with them very much. A few years ago we brought them a plate of cookies and they were so touched that the husband cried. Of course we have brought them a plate of cookies every year since then. Now when we deliver our cookies they have a gift and card waiting for us.

I love Christmas...and cookies.

3 comments:

Juli and Brett said...

what a great tradition! I have never had a chocolate krinkle and would LOVE to have the recipe. You can email it to me...julijewelz@gmail.com or leave a comment on my blog. thanks Jaime!

Auntie Romi said...

We missed you so much this year. It is no fun without our cousins and my little sis!!!

Mala said...

YUM! My mouth is watering just looking at your pictures! I think I might have to go to the store tomorrow!
Thanks for the snow pics of the cul-de-sac! It is so cool that I can see my neighborhood through you! Look at that snow!