Friday, December 26, 2008

Nativity Play

Every Christmas Eve the kids act out the Nativity scene.
(We have done this ever since I can remember and when I was little I wanted to be Mary every single time.)
Sophie was Mary and Isaiah was Joseph."Baby Jesus" was Piper.
She was perfect. She lay in the hay and did not make a peep.The shepherds were, Lucas, Malachi, and Chance.We only had two wise men this year...Coby and Gunnar. What a wonderful shepherd Chance was.

Gorgeous wise man Gunnar.
Coby made a perfect wise man.
I love this family tradition. It is such a great reminder of the true meaning of Christmas. The kids are so reverent and it is always very touching. It is a little sad that all of the kids are growing up so fast and our cast members are dwindling. We usually have a star and an angel but Riley and Jory weren't here this year. They stayed in California and we missed them terribly. My mom was the narrator and read the story from the scriptures. It was beautiful. Afterwards we sang Silent Night. The feeling in the room was wonderful. It was so nice to spend the evening with people I love so much.

No comments: