Thursday, December 18, 2008

Ohhh...the weather outside is frightful...

Last night after dinner, I dropped off Beau in Auburn then I dropped Romi in Federal Way. All of a sudden on my way home from Romi's house, which is 7 minutes away from my house by the way, the roads went from a little icy (but no problem) with zero snow on them to completely white. There are so many hills in my neighborhood that I had to go the long way around just to get in my cul- de- sac. It was so weird. I made it home safely though.
So, yesterday the boys didn't have school and there was no snow on the ground. This morning we wake up to this... and the boys have a 2 hour delay. John had to go to work early. As he was leaving the cul- de- sac he witnessed our neighbor attempt to drive up our hill. He was almost to the top when he started to roll back down and crash into a parked car. John slowly turned around, came back home and got our 4 wheel drive vehicle. No sooner, did I receive a call from another neighbor. She said there was a fire truck that hit a tree near the entrance to our neighborhood and we were trapped. Sure enough John soon returned home with a tale of his own. As he was trying to get up the hill his car started to slide. He tried to turn his tires the other way. Needless to say, he was slipping and sliding and almost drove into a yard. He told me he witnessed the firetruck hit the tree. The firefighters got out and were slipping on the ground. I guess one even fell. The roads are covered with snow with ice underneath. Scary.
The boys are happy because, once again, they are not going to school. We are trapped in our cul- de- sac and it is to icy to walk up our slippery slope of a hill.

2 comments:

Juli and Brett said...

I thought that was funny too. No school and no snow. Oh well. They were trying to keep us all safe. I didn't want to get stuck at school. And then today FW cancelled school again. I looked out the window when I got that call and didn't see much. Weird. Stay safe all snowed in at your house.

Deon said...

I am glad that John was ok and didn't get into a wrek!! I tried to go out with the kids made it not even a 1/4 of a mile and returned home the road was way to slick (and that was Brigeport which is our main street!!! I will be staying home with the kids until Ucre gets home on Monday night!!! UGH I love snow but not being stuck