Thursday, January 22, 2009

R.I.P. Twinkle

Yesterday was an extremely sad day. I got a call from Coby and he was very, very, upset. He said he went into his room and started talking to Twinkle. Usually she scurries up out of her burrow and jumps onto the wall of her cage. She didn't move. Coby opened the cage and usually she immediately runs to the door to attack you (seriously). Coby poked her and she still did not get up. He took her out of her cage and realized she had passed away. I am so sad for him. The strange thing is, she was fine the night before. We fed her and she ate, as usual. She was hanging and biting on her cage, as usual, she bit me, as usual. She bit John, as usual, She bit Coby, as usual. Everything seemed to be fine. We are not sure why Twinkle died but we are very sad. Coby is heartbroken. We are going to have a funeral for her today. Coby put her in a box with some of her bedding. It looks like she is just sleeping. Coby just sat and stared at her for the longest time.
This was the one and only time Coby was able to hold her and she was biting him the entire time. We called her the attack hamster. If you got anyone or anything near her she would bite it. We will miss you Twinkle. Coby told me today that he thinks he won't get another"rodent"for a long time. He needs to grieve.
Twinkle, twinkle,
Little star
How I wonder what you are.
Up above the world so high,
Like a diamond in the sky.
Twinkle, twinkle,
Little star
How I wonder what you are.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled across your blog, and this practically made me cry. My friend had this happen to him and it was hard. I hope your son is okay, and best of luck.

-Lainey

amie979 said...

O SO sad. Sorry Coby:(