Tuesday, January 13, 2009

GLOWGOLF

Gunnar went to a birthday party on Saturday. It was at the Commons Mall at a place called Glowgolf. I had passed this place a hundred times but never ventured in. It was fun. Gunnar had never golfed before so it was quite the experience. It is really dark in the room but they have black lights throughout. Gunnar thought it was awesome that his sleeves were glowing.Gunnar patiently waiting his turn with had on hip. It was Isaiah's turn and then Tanner's turn and then Gunnar's turn. It took a while.Your turn Gunn.Gunnar got a hole-in-two twice in a row. WOW!Gunnar had a great time...until he got to this hole. Dun Dun Dun.
He had to have tried at least 55 times (if not more and I am not exaggerating) to get this ball in the darn hole. The problem was, the hole was in the center of a little mountain and the ball would not cooperate. He was getting so mad because two of the dads and myself were watching him and laughing so hard because he kept trying over and over again. Finally, I said, "Gunnar just go ahead and pick up the ball and put it in the hole". He refused.I don't know if you can see the ball in the shot below but it is the greenish line on the left side zooming off. Soon after this he said, "I'm gonna cheat, I'm gonna cheat...I'm picking up this ball and putting it in the hole". But he couldn't bring himself to do it.He threw down his club and stormed off crying. The ball is somewhere on the green but so far from the hole that you can't even see it.
By now all of the party guests are in the party room eating. Gunnar leaves his club and decides to join them. As soon as he walks in the room he realizes that it will haunt him the rest of his life if he doesn't finish this hole. He proceeds to turn around and go back. I tell him to eat some pizza first and try to relax. NOPE!! He goes back, picks up his club and continues to try over and over and over. Crying all the while because he is so frustrated.Finally...SUCCESS!!
I can not tell you how happy I was that he finally made it.


Way to never give up Gunnar. Good job.

1 comment:

Tylertopia said...

I love his perserverance! That is so awesome that he didn't give up. :o)Nicely done, Gunnar!