Thursday, March 4, 2010

Massage Envy

For my birthday (last June) Jenn got me a gift card to Massage Envy. I must admit I was terrified to get a massage. I had never had one and I guess I just didn't know what to expect. I spoke with a few friends last week and they said, "use the gift card...this week...and report back". Well...I set up the appointment the very next day.

I woke up and honestly felt like I was going in for major surgery or something. I don't know why. Dumb...I know.


This is how I felt driving to Massage Envy... I was told my masseuse was going to be Lee. I wasn't sure if Lee was a boy or a girl. When I sat down in the waiting room I found a notebook that said "bios". I looked up Lee and found that he liked 3-D animation and modeling. I thought..."great, he's a model and obviously good looking". Maybe he looked like the 3-D Avatar guy...

I didn't mind having a man because I thought that maybe he wouldn't critique my body as much as a woman would. However, I was a little relieved when Lee walked in and I realized he must have meant model airplanes or cars...

because he definitely wasn't "model" material...at all. I think John was relieved to know he wasn't good looking either because let me tell you...it was amazing. I can't believe I was so scared.

Thank you sooooo much Jenn!! It was an incredible gift and I can't wait to get another one. (After I save for a few months.)

2 comments:

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

haha, that's funny you were so nervous. it can be a tad nerve wracking at first, but then you just gotta think who cares and enjoy it! glad you did!

Anonymous said...

I love the pic of you driving- too funny! Now your hooked :). I know, when I got mine- I thought, ok I'm going to get one all the time now- I NEED to- they are amazing! But... still haven't gotten one- but maybe some day we can get one once a week- wouldn't that be wonderful!