Friday, March 12, 2010

Happy 14th Birthday Chance!!

Chance had a very low key birthday this year. I guess it just proves that my boy is growing up.
He was lucky enough have NO SCHOOL on his birthday due to teacher conferences.

He woke up to a big bag full of presents.
Shoes, flannel, skinny jeans and a video game.

Chance specifically asked for an air soft BB gun and since we didn't get him one Coby gave him his. It was so nice and thoughtful.

Thanks brother...Gunnar made Chance this beautiful card... John made Chance his favorite breakfast. Biscuits and gravy with a side of bacon...delish!


Chance had a talent show the very next day so his band HAD to practice. Patti (Zach's mom) promised she would take good care of him while they practiced. She made him pizza for lunch and she also made him cookies.

After band practice we picked him up and he chose Olive Garden for dinner. Coby and Gunnar were at Romi and Dan's house spending the night so it was a wonderful date... just Chance, John, and me. It was so nice to spend time with the birthday boy.

He ordered...
Lasagna Fritta
Parmesan-breaded lasagna pieces, fried and served over alfredo sauce, topped with parmesan cheese and marinara sauce.
$9.35

He loved it!!

Chance doesn't like cake so he wanted to get Krispy Kreme doughnuts instead.




Cheers!

I realized that we didn't bring candles for his "birthday doughnut". He thought it would be a great idea if he put his doughnut like this...for a "pretend candle". We sang Happy Birthday and he made a wish.

We spent quite a bit of time watching them make the doughnuts. It was quite fascinating actually.

I really can't believe Chance is so grown up. It amazes me that time has flown by so fast. He truly is THE BEST kid EVER!!

He is smart, funny, talented, gorgeous, loving, thoughtful, and so many, many other things. He is the happiest 14 year old I have ever seen. He has the biggest heart. It makes me sad to see him getting so old but it also makes me happy to see the young man he is growing up to be.

I am so proud of you Chance. You have been my "son"shine each and every day for the last 14 years.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Can't believe I forgot it was Chance's birthday. I'm a jerk. Happy birthday Chance! Sorry!!!!

Looks like he had a great birthday! You guys spoiled him!!! I cannot believe he is 14!!