Friday, August 8, 2008

Kid's Day at Steel Lake Park

Gunnar and I went with our friends Odette and Stephen to the Steel Lake Kid's Day on Wednesday the 6th.
The first thing they did was play on the huge "big toy".
Stephen and Gunnar

They had a bunch of craft tables for the kids to play at and they also had a bunch of booths where the kids could play games to win prizes. Gunnar had a great time.
Finger paints!!
I couldn't get Gunnar away from this one.
The Lego activity table.
Here, Odette and the boys were watching the "science guy" on stage while I was in line for cotton candy.

Cotton candy is my favorite so when Gunnar asked to get some I said "sure". I was unaware at the time that I would be spending almost 45 minutes in line. I was so frustrated. I wanted to just say forget it but then I had already been in line for so long I couldn't give up.

I got Gunnar's first and by the time mine was even finished being made...Gunnar's was gone...UGH!!

I was done at that point so we went home.

I asked Chance and Coby to go with us but like most things these days, it was "for babies". So they were both at friends houses. They would have liked it though. Despite what they think.

4 comments:

J and H Hunsaker said...

Too fun I think I will go next year when Isaac is walking and I'm not the milk machine. Yeah waiting that long for cotton candy maybe they should have had more machines going

amie979 said...

That is a great event ...and you gotta love the price;) HAHA We had tons of fun there too and thanks for hooking us up with some cotton candy!!

Deon said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun, but was the cotton candy worth it after all the wait? hehe

Jaime said...

No...the cotton candy wasn't worth it. It was good but you only got a teeny tiny bit. UGH!!