Sunday, August 3, 2008

Breaking Dawn Book Release Party!!

For those of you who have read the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyers...you will understand. Those of you who haven't will think I have gone nuts (o.k. maybe even the ones who have will think I have gone nuts) . On Friday, the 1st, a bunch of my friends and I got together to go to the release party of Breaking Dawn. Breaking Dawn is the 4th and final book in a wonderful series. The first book was called Twilight, followed by New Moon and Eclipse. If you have not read these books go get them NOW. I love them!!

Me, Kelly (from high school), and Robin

First we went to Barnes and Noble to pick up our bracelets. We pre-ordered the book but we had to have a bracelet to pick it up (at 12:00 AM on the 2nd). The bracelets were numbered, so whoever had bracelet #1 was first in line.

After we picked up our bracelets we had about 2 hours until the "release party" started. We decided to head to Bahama Breeze to have dinner.

Alyssa, Stephanie, Me, Kelly
Just a side note: About 14 years ago Kelly (see photo below) had a daughter, Alyssa. Stephanie and I were at the hospital when she was born. Crazy how time flies.

The girls
Patty,Karla, Alyssa, Stephanie, Me, Kelly, Robin, Rochelle, Carrie

After dinner we headed back to Barnes and Noble for the party. They had different games and trivia. All related to Twilight...of course.
There was a costume contest and if you participated in the contest you got a free poster and bookmark. Well, we didn't dress up but we did order some Twilight t-shirts. We wanted to get the free poster and bookmark so we joined the contest even though we knew we wouldn't win. The winner was based on the loudest cheers from the crowd. We all lined up and the screams and cheers were ear piercing...WE WON!! Not only did we get the free stuff but we also got to be first in line to receive our books at midnight. We were so excited. This meant we weren't going to have to wait in line all night to get our copy. YAY!!!
Here are the shirts!!
KarlaKelly

The back of our shirts.

Patty
This was my shirt. I love both Jacob and Edward. (I am neutral, like Switzerland)

This was us on stage for the contest!! The winners!!!

My friends and I were all the first people in line. Starting at 11:59 they had a countdown to midnight and then everyone cheered and clapped.
This is me paying for my book.

Yay...I got it!!
Everyone...with books in hand!
Patty, Rochelle, Karla, Robin, Me, Stephanie, Kelly, Carrie, and Alyssa
What a fun night!

1 comment:

Deon said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun wish I could have been there!! I love your shirt. Have you finsished the book yet?