Saturday, July 31, 2010

Happy Birthday Gunn!

My baby turns 7! This year Gunnar had a plan for his birthday party. He wanted to have it at a park.
The problem with having a summer birthday is that you never know how many people will be able to attend because half of the people you invite are out of town. We always have his party at home but because he wanted to have it at a park he was able to invite as many people as he wanted.He was thrilled when so many people were able to be there for his big day.He had a Scooby Doo birthday...his favorite.
(He actually wanted Indiana Jones but we couldn't find it.)We had fruit and veggies and a ton of snacks. Gunnar didn't want a cake this year, he wanted cupcakes. Perfect for the park. I put a "7" candle in a cupcake, we sang Happy Birthday, he made a wish, then blew out the candle.Next up...PRESENTS!!Tyler may be the next Tony Hawk.

Owen, Ayden, Gunn, Brayden, and Luke
Gunnar was spoiled.

A little help from big brother.A big Thank You to everyone who came to his birthday party. He had so much fun with his friends and family.

Gunnar has truly been such an amazing child. He makes me laugh every day. Watching him grow up has been bittersweet. Each year that goes by I am happy to see him grow and mature but sad to see his chubby cheeks slim down and his baby voice sound old. He will always be my baby but soon he won't want me calling him that any more and it makes me sad. Soon he won't want to play with Batman and Hotwheels...then what will I do? It is all I have known for over 14 years. However, I bet it will be a while before my house is free from Lego's and G.I. Joe. I am going to enjoy every second of it while it lasts.

Gunnar is smart and artistic. Funny and cautious. He is a joy to be around and I love him with all my heart.

Happy Birthday Gunnar!

No comments: