Saturday, June 27, 2009

Coach Eric's Surprise

Coby had his Panther's banquet on Saturday. It was at Wheelz in Fircrest. Coby had just gone skating at Pattison's West for Sophie's party so he was excited to go again. However, he had in-line skates at Pattison's and he had regular skates at Wheelz.

He had gotten used to the in-line skates so he could barely move in the regular ones. He quickly took them off and traded. Much better. Gunnar tried to skate but found it very difficult. I was able to go around with him a few times but he never really got the hang of it.

John tried to help. Gunnar decided to stick with the carpeted area...much easier.

Steffon and Coby

The banquet was complete with pizza, soda, and cake!Thank you Coach Eric!Coach Eric had a surprise for the boys. He brought in a special guest. His name was Abdul Gaddy from Bellarmine Prep. He graduated this year and is going to UW next year. He is an amazing basketball player. Eric said don't be surprised if you see him in the NBA someday. I'll be looking for him. The boys were told to bring something that could be signed so Coby brought in a mini basketball so it could be displayed in his room later.

Abdul signed it and Coby was super happy. Personally, I was expecting someone a little different. I didn't know who until the second surprise walked in.

Coby is a HUGE Huskies fan, and so is John, so you can imagine their surprise when in walks... You guessed it (if you watch Huskies basketball)...ISAIAH THOMAS. Coby was so excited. He couldn't believe it.I have to admit, I was a little star struck myself.

Those of you who don't watch the Huskies probably think we were nuts but those of you who do know why we were so thrilled.


This guy is amazing. He is only 5 ft. 8in. and he can dunk. He truly is a star player for the Huskies. I have been hearing all about him from Coby so I was so happy he got to meet him. It was very fun!The kids had all gotten their autographs and pictures. They were standing around talking when I decided that I wanted a picture with them, as well. I guess all of the adults were embarrassed to get a photo until someone else did because right after I got mine, they all wanted one also. So funny!

Both of these guys had played for the same league as Coby...the Northwest Panther's. That is how Coach Eric knew them. What a great banquet. I am sure this is a day the team will always remember. We had a great season and it was a perfect way to end it. Thank you Coach Eric for helping Coby and thank you to the team for being such great kids to play ball with.

See you next year.

Go Panther's

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

That's neat they palyed in the same league as Coby! Maybe he'll be a star too!

Jaime, we know that you're a little short, but in that picture you STILL look pretty short, and Isaiah isn't even that tall for a college basketball player star. A very cute picture though; aren't you glad you got it and started the trend for the adults? They OWE you!

And, if I'm not mistaken I think it's Abdul Gaddy from Bellarmine Prep. He graduated this year, is going to UW next year, and is AMAZING.

Suzanne said...

oh my goodness! i am so jealous! we were in LOVE with UW basketball this year. my sister just started working at UW so she was able to get us some tickets this year... they were SO fun to watch! thomas is AWESOME, i totally would've taken a picture with him too! go you!