Sunday, February 15, 2009

Clark Kids Dinner #4

This month was Romi's choice. She decided that we would go bowling.We headed to ACME Bowl in Tukwila.
Ian had his own bowling shoes...I was so jealous.
We played three games total and broke off into teams; boys against girls for the first round. The losers had to buy the winners soda. This was not fair, however, for whomever was on my team. I came right from the hospital after having had about two hours of sleep in the last 35 or so hours. Needless to say, I was tired and I knew I was not going to bring my "A" game.
Up first was Beau then me.

Romi and then Ian

Gorgeous Brothers

Stunning Sisters

Here is the final score for the first game:

Beau 137
Me 99

Ian 139

Romi 147

I felt so sorry for Romi. Even though she beat everybody...we lost and had to buy Beau and Ian soda. The irritating thing was that Romi and I were drinking water anyway.


Good job Romi...

Romi, Beau, and Ian are all great bowlers. What happened to me?


I was on Beau's team for the next round and it wasn't looking good for us.


We started out strong. Beau got a strike and I got a spare...but it only went down hill from there. Sorry Beau!

Our last game was crazy. By then no one wanted to be on my team, understandably so, so we were playing solo. Beau got frustrated and started hurling his ball as hard as he could towards the pins. I remained awful but Romi and Ian were on fire. On the last frame Ian got ...



And Romi got a...

three in a row. It was awesome.

After we finished our games we headed over to the arcade and played a few rounds of air hockey. I LOVE air hockey and I am, usually, pretty good...not tonight.

There is a wonderful restaurant inside of the bowling alley. Ian had to leave early but me, Beau , and Romi had a delicious dinner.
Once again, I was reminded of how lucky I am to have such amazing people in my life. We had so much fun. I can't wait until next month.

3 comments:

Auntie Romi said...

That was an awesome night! Jaime, you were amazing just to show up after no sleep for so long. You will kill us next time. I love our dinners together!!!!!

The VanderHoevens said...

Both Jeff and I have our own bowling shoes and bowling balls.We are just kind of nerdy like that. Acme bowl looks fun. - Valerie

Deon said...

My mom has her own ball and shoes. She is really good. I SUCK at bowling but love to do it!!!