Monday, October 20, 2008

Is that a tooth?

The other day we noticed that Gunnar had a permanent tooth growing in behind his left, bottom baby tooth. We felt his tooth to make sure it was loose...it wasn't loose at all. John had been working with it trying to make it wiggle and it doesn't seem to be working. The permanent tooth is making it so we can't get the baby tooth to move. As soon as we get some movement at all he wakes up the next morning and any progress that was made the night before is gone because the bigger tooth has moved its way up. I am not sure what to do.

John worked with it forever yesterday. Poor Gunnar was in pain after a while so he had to stop but it really didn't seem to do any good anyway. John was pulling and tugging but to no avail.
I am going to have to call the dentist today and see what he suggests.


Side note: Coby was jumping on a trampoline at his friend house this weekend and chipped his front tooth. Fortunatley, it was straight across on the very bottom so you really can't tell except there is a tiny part of it that remained. I guess I will have to ask the dentist about that, as well. UGH!! Mind you, we have spent about $3000.00 on Coby's teeth and now this?

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Poor Gunnar!!! Tie one end to the door handle and one end to Gunnar's tooth! WHAM!

Ps, thanks for what you wrote on my comments yesterday. It means a lot to me to hear you say that stuff. I love you so much!!!! (And I'm still sorry I'm such an impossible brat!!)

amie979 said...

OUCH!! Did he not feel it coming in?? Or did he know but just didnt say anything..anyways, sounds painful!

Jaime said...

We saw it starting to come in so we have been trying to get the front tooth loose for days and days but it won't budge.