Thursday, October 9, 2008

Double Digits...Yipee!!

The Big One- Oh !!Coby turned 10 years old yesterday. I can't believe it. He is so big.
He had an exciting, fun- filled day.

It all started at around 11:15 in the morning. I brought... to his classroom.

The kids were so happy and Coby thought he was really cool. I passed out the doughnuts and everyone sang Happy Birthday.

Coby had a half day yesterday so he got out of school at 12:15. How perfect is that? We had Coby's conference after school at 12:30 and he is doing great in all subjects. After that we got in the car and headed to lunch. (Chance was at his friends house and Gunnar stayed with Aunt Romi after school so it was just me and Coby.) I let him choose anywhere he wanted and he chose...

I think he remembered that you get to wear a big crazy hat and they sing Happy Birthday to you in Spanish. Though he insisted it was because he wanted an enchilada...yeah right!


You know how they have really loud Spanish music in the background...well Coby thought he would imitate the singer and lipsinc. It was hilarious.

We both ordered cheese enchiladas. Yummy!!


After our meal Coby finally got his big hat and his sundae. They sang Happy Birthday in Spanish and his vision was complete.

After lunch we went to Borders Bookstore and Coby picked out three books.

Room One by Andrew Clements.

A sea life book and a Vampire book.

After Borders we walked over to Starbucks and got their new "signature hot chocolate". It was very, very rich. We will stick with the regular hot chocolate next time.

This was the back of my cup. I thought it was really cute.Coby wanted a new cage for Twinkle so after Starbucks we headed for the pet store. This is what we got...

It was $39.99...ouch!
Twinkle loves it though.


We weren't done there.
The last event of the day was a movie. Coby picked The Dark Knight.

I thought he would be a little scared but he wasn't... at all. It was a great movie. Heath Ledger was so good/creepy. I wouldn't let him see it when it first came out so he thought it was pretty neat that he got to go. Definitely not a movie for little kids but I had seen it already so I thought he'd be OK.

Coby had an awesome day and it was the first time we have ever spent the day, alone, together It was very special. It was great getting to sit and talk, just the two of us. He has turned into an amazing kid. He was so shy when he was younger but now he is a confidant, funny, loving, smart, sweet boy.


I love him with all my heart.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY COBY!!!

5 comments:

Keep'n up with the Cameron said...

How fun!!! Mom and son time is always a plus!!!!

Anonymous said...

You are such a good mom!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Birthday!!!

Tylertopia said...

What a fun day you guys had together. That is so special you were able to spend it just with him. The Azteca pictures of Coby lip syncing made me laugh out loud. Ryan & I saw The Dark Knight and I seriously had the hardest time getting that face out of my head...so creepy. But Yes, Heath Ledger rocked that character (So tragic that he's gone now).

Happy Birthday to your big 10 year old! :o)

Jennifer said...

Wow you are so on top of it. You're going to have to give me a lot of lessons on raising boys.

Jessica said...

You are such a good mom to a great little boy! I hope to have days like this with my kids too, it's so fun to have one on one time and "catch up" with the kids you see every day!