Tuesday, September 29, 2009

James Franklin Martineau 1921-2009

Click on picture below to make it larger. Cousin Saidee, Aunt Melodee, John, cousin Kaylee, cousin LayceeCousin PaulJohn with his mommy and daddy.Dave, and John's uncle, MarkJohn with his grandma and some of his siblings...
James, Dave, and GinaGrandma Yvonne MartineauThis poem was an insert in the program.
Here are a few words and thoughts about a man who will be dearly missed by all who had the privilege of knowing him...

Dick Fish: "Condolences to you [Ted] and your family on your loss, He was a good man."

Joshua Martineau: "It was a very moving ceremony."

Mady Davis: "He was greatly loved and is still. He was such an amazing man."

Sharon Clark: "Jim Martineau was a wonderful man. My sympathy and love go out to the family."

Julie Heaps: "I remember him as a very little, quiet man who always seemed to be smiling."

Dee Dee Volluz: "I am so sad; I thought he would be here always... I loved him all through my growing up years & have such good memories of a kind & gentle soul. A strong man with such honor & integrity. He was one of those rare gentlemen that they just don't "make" anymore. We have lost a great one from our sphere. I remember him with love & sweetness, deep friendship & love. I send you heartfelt sympathy...Oh, for the touch of a vanished hand, and the sound of a voice that is still."

"Remembering your dad with much love and deepest respect. Even at a young age I could recognize him as one of the greats...great man of faith, husband, & father. How very blessed you were to be able to call him "dad."

Rian Zeigler: "A most amazing man left us recently.... my heart, prayers and love goes to Grandpa Martineau... He was a strong and gentle patriarch of one the most beautiful families that I feel very blessed to have been a part of for most of my life. Love you Grandpa ♥"

John Martineau: "It was a beautiful ceremony and wonderful memories were shared by his family and friends. I loved my Grandpa very much and will miss him dearly."

Ted Martineau: "He was fully engaged in life right to the end...it always seemed like Dad would live forever :) "

1 comment:

Joshua Martineau said...

Wow I can't believe I found this on here. This is a great way to help remember him. I love you and miss you everyday "Paw."