Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Our Boy Scout

Tonight we went to a "court of honor" for boy scouts. Chance received a few merit badges that he earned while at camp. I asked him to write about his experience.
July 7th I went to my first scout camp. It was fun . I went to flag ceremonies and camp fires . We couldn't bring electronics like cellphones and mp3 players but some people brought them anyway. First we would have a flag ceremony then breakfast. We ate in a cafeteria, the food was good . We then went to our merit badges . We would eat lunch at about 12:30 or 1:00 . Then we went back to our merit badges . After the merit badges, we ate dinner. Finally we had free time which means we could go where ever we wanted around the camp . After that we would go back to our camp site for a campfire . You can guess what we did after that, yep go to bed. We had buddies that we had to share a tent with. Everyday, we would have little activities . And that really sums it up , it's a lot of fun and a good experience .

As for the merit badges, I had rifle shooting , art , wood carving and first-aid . I would of had 6 except that I did trail to first class which took away 2 classes .
We are very proud of Chance!

No comments: