Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!

We had such an amazing time this 4th of July. My friend Etsuko(et-skoe) invited us to join her at her in-laws. They live on a beautiful lake in Olympia.
What a view!!! This was taken on their back deck.
Etsuko and Chris.

Getting ready for the fireworks.
Etsuko's son, Jiro(gee-roe).This was the first year I let the boys light some of their own fireworks. I only let them do the small ones but they had so much fun. Every finger is still in tact. "Boys Toys"...how perfect.We got to go out on the Bethke's boat.Me and Etsuko It finally got dark enough for sparklers. Gunnar was, literally, jumping for joy.
Chance wasn't as excited.
You can't have a campfire without smores.
Yummy!! Looking good John. (You did a wonderful job on your smore too. HeHe!) Chance had a little more difficulty roasting the perfect marshmallow.

Lucas, Preston, Chris, and John

The firework show was absolutely amazing. Every house on the lake had an awesome firework display. I have never seen so many fireworks in my life.

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad Clark!! We love you!

5 comments:

Deon said...

Looks like you guys had soo much fun! Aren't days like that so nice!!!

Anonymous said...

How fun! Looks like you guys had fun- gotta love the smores...ummmm its making me hungry and its only 7:30!!! gee thanks ;)

amie979 said...

Hey, I just saw your comment about twilight and responded on my blog but thought that was forever ago she'll never look back. Anyways, I checked out your blog today. Very cute! One of the posts I was reading made me think about maybe 5-8 years from now how I'll be just like you with my 3 big boys! Anyways, did you see the trailer for the twilight movie coming out in December? I posted it to my blog but you may have to go back a few pages to find it!

Jaime said...

Oh my goodness Amie...I have only watched it about 100 times. I can't wait. I will be standing in line, if I have to, when that movie comes out. I am so excited. I am actualy in the middle of reading The Host. It is good. It took me a few chapters to get into it because I was a little confused, but now I love it. Way different from the Twilight books but it is good though. I normally don't like the subject matter of The Host so I was hesitant to read it but I am liking it.

amie979 said...

I have heard that it takes awhile to get into the Host by a few people now! I also haven't read them because someone told me that they were about aliens or something and I am NOT a sci-fi person. I should at least try it though since I liked her other books and it's not like I love Vampires or something haha... well I do now;)
ALSO I got an email from Stephanie D saying that you had Wednesday's free and that I should send you the weekly playgroup email to let you know what we're doing/where we're going, but then she forgot to attach your email address so if you want to receive those send me your email address amie.nicolas@nventure.com. We do lots of parks & fields trips in the summer so hopefully it wouldn't be too torturous for your big boys? haha now that i've commented your ear off i better run!