Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A present from Arizona

Gunnar decided last October, after his cousin Lucas's birthday party, that he was going to have a Spiderman birthday party. So, for 9 months I have been hearing about his"Spiderman birthday".
Starting mid-April Gunnar asked daily... "is my birthday here yet?" Finally, in June, after hearing this daily, and losing my mind, I told Gunnar we would make a chain and every night before bed he would rip a piece of the chain off and he would be that much closer to his birthday.
Well, you can imagine how long this chain was.
He would rip the links of the chain off and throw them in the garbage...another day down.
We are now just days away and Gunnar is so excited.

So, today when a package arrived in the mail from his Grandma and Grandpa Martineau in Arizona...I told him he could go ahead and open it. He was thrilled.


The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle


Thank you Grandma and Grandpa...I love you so much!

No comments: