Saturday, June 28, 2008

APRIL 2008

This was Gunnar's first year in t-ball. He played for the Twins. He loved the first 6 or so games. After that, he wasn't so into it. He was playing at the pitcher position and a boy hit the ball really, really hard and it hit Gunnar right in the neck. He had a huge red mark and he decided he didn't want to play in that spot anymore. He did wind up going back out on the field but I think he was a little scared after that. He was so cute. I don't remember the other boys being this small playing baseball but I am sure they both were as well. Gunnar thought he won every game. After each game he would tell us how many games he had played and won. After about three or so games I thought he was going to forget the count, but he never did. He would just say "mom, we have won 6 games" and then the next game he would say "mom, we won 7 games". All the way up to 14 games. We never reminded him of how many games he played because I wanted to see if he could remember on his own...and he did. I thought it was pretty amazing that he could remember from one game to the next. He's so smart!!Coby played AAA ball this year for the Red Sox. His coach was Justin Hinkle. Coby is a great baseball player. This year he played catcher a lot and he was fantastic. His other position was shortstop. I loved going to his games. He has a great natural ability for the sport. He has an awesome swing and an awesome arm. His instincts are wonderful and he just knows what to do.
Chance played on the majors team this year. He played for the Colts and his coaches were Dan Gunn and Jeff Meyers. He had to try out and he did an amazing job at tryouts. There were a few different coaches that had their eye on him. I am glad he got on this team. They were a great team and they came in second place. Chance played third base and right field. He can really hit the ball well. He swings so hard that when he gets contact...watch out. It was tricky getting all of the boys to their games and practices this year. At times I had to ask my mom to take one of them while John one and I had the other. It was hard for me not being able to go to all of their games but they always had someone there cheering them on.
It was a fun season and I love watching my boys play but I have to say that I am glad it is over...for now.
Bowling with the Miles.
We hadn't bowled in years but we had fun anyway. John beat us all at every game though.
WHATEVER!!
We have so much fun hanging out with Jenn and Erik. They have become our closest friends and we love them so very much.Me and Jenn!John and Popeye...oops...I mean Erik.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love that popeye pic of Erik!!! I have to get a copy of that for blackmail purposes! Awww Jaime we look so cute together!!!